Whenever you start something new, it requires planning and preparation beforehand. It is the same with the Airbnb host position. It doesn’t matter how experienced or inexperienced you are; an Airbnb Host Checklist is an essential possession. The checklist becomes a go-to reference point to consult regularly as it makes sure that your Airbnb is well-stocked and well-functioning.
Initially, you’ve to ensure that you’ve provided all the necessary amenities and supplies to your coming guests, but the process doesn’t stop there.
You’ve to keep tailoring your property management processes with time to ensure that your things are running efficiently and that your guests have their best experience.
While each host tries to make their Airbnb as unique as possible for their guests, some things remain common to all stays. These are essential amenities that ease your daily operations as an Airbnb host and help you start something on the right foot.
It isn’t easy to know these things beforehand if you are a beginner. But it is equally challenging to remember all these things from memory and not miss out on anything, even if you are an experienced Airbnb host. So, let’s check out these much-needed facilities, step by step.
1. Begin with Basics: Get the necessary amenities and supplies!
This is the most basic and crucial detail. Your stay should be functional and comfortable for the guest. It is advised that you go through room by room to ensure that you don’t miss anything essential. Here is a sample Airbnb host checklist of things that you need to look out for:
2. Capture that: Take high-quality photos and write a welcoming description.
It is needless to say, presentation of your services is just as important as providing them. This is the platform where a book is indeed judged by its cover. Through your presentation, you can convince your viewer to become your guests. Here are a few tips for you to embrace:
- If you have anything unique in your stay, clearly advertise it. A unique selling point (USP) can be its location, style, any unique facility, or even its value for money.
- While selecting the photograph that best portrays your property, you should choose different types of shots, such as comprehensive, mid, or portrait shots.
- It is recommended to hire a professional photographer for the best results.
- You should select a picture that is either your unique selling point or compliments your property best as your cover photo.
- Avoid generic words such as ‘good’, ‘beautiful’ or ‘nice.’
- Create an engaging Airbnb listing with information about your property. You can even write a few descriptive lines on how your guests might feel while staying on the property to make it better.
- Verify your identity and complete your Airbnb profile with a bio and a profile picture.
- Earlier delivery of house rules can help avoid any misunderstanding or conflict of interest during the stay.
3. Talk it out: Prompt and effective communication between the host and guests
A host has to be available for the guests promptly. This includes pre-communication with the guest before the stay for clear understanding. The host should also be on time to attend and welcome the guest personally on their initial arrival. To ease things for the host and guest, automated services, such as iGMS, that assist in such communications are also a good option.
4. Airbnb Host Checklist: Must-have’s as per guests
If your Airbnb property is a vacation spot, it is needless to say you will get a variety of guests with different needs. For instance, if you are receiving a family with kids, your go-to Airbnb host checklist will need some major additions and even some omissions.
So, here are a few things that will alter your standard go-to list as per the needs of your guests:
- Family with kids: Depending on the kids’ age, you will need to provide for them accordingly. You will probably need a portable crib, small mattress, high chair in the kitchen, safety items such as baby gates, cabinet locks, kid-friendly cutlery, a toybox, colouring books and pencils.
- Travellers with pets: If travelling with pets, your property needs to accordingly provide your guests with water and food bowls, dog or cat beds, pet toys, crates, treats, dog gates etc.
- Business Travelers: The purpose of the guest’s visit vastly changes what they expect and need out of the stay. If travelling for business, the guests would prioritize a stable Wi-Fi connection with a Wi-Fi booster, a laptop-friendly workspace with a comfortable chair, free parking, a self-check-in option etc.
While providing these curated services, make sure to advertise them on your page as well. This would attract expand your customer base with a selective clientele, possibly enhancing your reviews
5. Airbnb Host Checklist: Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
It is a must to keep your property clean before your guest’s arrival. While it is the most basic duty as a host of the property, it is also challenging and time-consuming for the host.
It is challenging as the property needs to be thoroughly cleaned because even a single strand of hair left in the bathroom can lead to a negative review. Therefore, it is recommended that if your budget allows it, you should outsource it.
Creating a reliable network of subcontractors or cleaning services will also help you maintain the property.
If you are comfortable using software platforms such as iGMS, then this task can become even easier as it will establish automated communication with the hired staff and auto-assign tasks for completion.
6. Staying up-to-date with BI
One of the easiest hacks while running a business is to advance your business with the upcoming trends.
You can rely on business intelligence tools, such as Alltherooms, Transparent, and AirDNA, to enhance your knowledge of the industry tendencies, vacation rental data and analytics etc. This would help you make informed and proactive decisions regarding your property and business.